Monday 8 March 2021

Today I am remembering my big sister,

 
Five years ago, on 8 March 2016, we lost my big sister, Lynn.

She was a joyful person that we could have used this past year during the Covid-induced doldrums. Lynn was always upbeat, ever with a smile and constantly optimistic. There have been many times during the past twelve months when we could have used her encouraging words and big smile. She would never let anyone frown if she could help it.

The only time I ever saw her down was just before she received her mechanical heart. I wrote about that Medical Miracle in a blog post on 11 April 2017. The Heartmate II® gave her five years of active life for which we were all grateful. Once that procedure was accomplished, she went back to being her cheery self, pooh-poohing any negative thoughts of her own or those around her.

I am now the same age Lynn was when she died, so perhaps that has another special meaning for me. One never knows what time they have left and especially when a special person might be lost. We have our memories and, of course, all the pictures of that person to remind us of how we were blessed to have had them around.

I certainly have those fond memories of my big sister.

1 comment:

  1. A heartfelt tribute, Wayne. There are many that could echo your sentiments over this past year. Thank you for sharing. Penny

    ReplyDelete